Thursday, March 22, 2012

I AM NOT “TRAYVON MARTIN”, But I “CAN” EASILY Be Him!


By Jovantee R. Blair
3/22/12, Thu 
By the “COLOR” of my “SKIN”.

By the “STEREOTYPICAL LABELS” that I’m “GIVEN”.

I’m “LOOKED” at “suspiciously” by people who DON’T have “BLACK” SKIN!

I’m a “BLACK MAN” LIVING in “AMERICA”, LIVING on this “EARTH”.

I’m a “BLACK MAN” who was born with “DARK SKIN” from the day of his “BIRTH”!

DAY by DAY, I HAVE to “WONDER” if I am GOING to GET “ARRESTED” by a “COP” for “SOMETHING” I DIDN’T DO “WRONG”.

YEAR by YEAR, I HAVE to “LIVE” with being a “BLACK MAN”, with me “KNOWING” that me “LIVING” in “AMERICA”, I MAY NOT “LAST” & “LIVE” LONG!

I’m a YOUNG “BLACK MAN” NOT “MESSING” with NOBODY!

But I “CAN” be the NEXT “BLACK MAN” being a “DEAD” BODY!

I DIDN’T “CHOOSE” my “BEAUTIFUL” “BLACK” SKIN to “COVER” this male body of mines.

But my “LIFE” is in “POTENTIAL” “DANGER” everyday in “AMERICA” & in the “WORLD”, because of the “PREJUDICE” & "RACIST” minds!

Some people that “AREN’T” “BLACK” are “AFRAID” of me sometimes, because of me BEING “BLACK” & them “ASSUMING” that I “COMMIT” “CRIMES”!

As a “BLACK MAN” in “AMERICA” & ‘LIVING” in this “WORLD” , I THANK GOD that I’m STILL “ALIVE”.

But I “COULD” HAVE “LOST” the “BATTLE” of “LIFE” by me “LIVING” in “AMERICA” & in this “WORLD”, by me “LOSING” the “BATTLE” to “SURVIVE”!

I “CAN” be the NEXT “POTENTIAL” “BLACK MAN”, SIX FEET “UNDER”, “DEAD” in my “CASKET”!

Just because of my male body HAVING “BLACK SKIN” on it.

Deuteronomy 28:65-66 (KJV):

65. And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:

66. And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:

It’s a “CRYING” & “SAD” “SHAME” that YOUNG BROTHER “TRAYVON MARTIN” “DIED”, & he’s NOT anymore “LIVING, but;

I AM NOT “TRAYVON MARTIN”, but I “CAN” EASILY be him!

R.I.P. Brother "Trayvon Martin"

© COPYRIGHT 2012: All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment